BEFORE WE pick up the story of Abraham, some context: When God divided the nations after the Tower of Babel incident, He placed them under the supervision of “sons of God,” angelic beings who were charged with carrying out His will while supervising His creation.
We explain why understanding what happened at and after Babel is crucial to understanding the long supernatural war depicted in the Bible, not to mention the state of our fallen world today.
Articles mentioned in this week’s study:
- “Deuteronomy 32:8-9 and the Old Testament Worldview” by Dr. Michael Heiser (overview; link opens PDF document)
- “Deuteronomy 32:8 and the Sons of God” by Dr. Michael Heiser (academic paper; link opens PDF document)
- “God vs. the Titans” by Derek P. Gilbert
- “Babel, the Abyss, and the Gate of the Gods” by Derek P. Gilbert
- “Abraham Was Not from Ur” by Derek P. Gilbert
Join us in Israel this year! We will lead another tour through the Holy Land October 12-25, 2020, with an optional four-day extension to the mysterious megalithic sites on the island of Sardinia to investigate the links between Sardinia and Israel.
For more information, log on to SkyWatchTV.com/IsraelTour.
Click here for the complete archive of our New Testament Bible studies to date, and click here for the Old Testament studies to date. Or go to www.spreaker.com/show/gilbert-house-fellowship for all of the audio.