The Romans Road is a simple explanation of the doctrine of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ using verses from Paul’s letter to the church at Rome.
- We are all sinners.
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
- Sin condemns us to die.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
- Even though we aren’t worthy, God has given us the gift of eternal life through the sacrifice of His only son.
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
- Receiving this gift requires only accepting Jesus as Lord.
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
- This act restores us to a right relationship with God.
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:1)
- Yes, that’s all there is to it!
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
- This gift is guaranteed and unchangeable.
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)